After seeing Bonnie Tsang reference this apple tart recipe from Ree, the Pioneer Woman, it looked so easy that I had to try it. (And by “I had to try it,” I mean “I photographed my husband making this at my request.” Poor guy.)
And yes, it was just that easy. So few ingredients. So simple to make.
This was how we made it, ever-so-slightly modified from the Pioneer Woman recipe:
2 medium-sized apples
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 frozen pastry sheet, split into halves
1) Cut and core the apples, then slice into thin slices and put into a bowl.
2) Mix in brown sugar, salt, and squeeze in the juice of half of the lemon. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
3) Put the apple slices onto the pastry sheet.
4) Pop the apple-topped pastry sheets into the oven at 415F degrees until the tart browns (~15-20 min)
5) Sprinkle powdered sugar over the top, serve with ice cream, and enjoy!